Amazon celebrated their 4th year of arguably one of the best shopping days we have come to look forward to in 2017.
For the past three years Amazon Prime Day has helped us grab some amazing savings. And we were not disappointed for their 2018 Prime Day.
If you have only just become aware of Amazon’s Prime Day, it is the summer equivalent of winters Black Friday.
It is the day when Amazon discounts thousands of its products for us to snap up, from Technology to Home Entertainment, you are sure to find yourself an amazing deal.
Amazon beat all its previous records in 2017, they found themselves busier than Black Friday and cyber Monday, and any other shopping day in Amazon’s history.
You won’t be surprised to learn that Amazon Boss Jeff Bezos is currently the richest man in the world.
Amazon Prime Day is an all day discounted online shopping event, and unlike Black Friday, it is only available through the online giants shopping site.
Amazon first introduced its Prime day back in 2015 to celebrate it’s 20th Birthday. It was described by Amazon as a “global shopping event, offering more deals than Black Friday, exclusively for Prime members.”
To take part in the event, you must be an Amazon Prime member.
Signing up for a Amazon Prime Membership
Ensure that you don’t miss out by signing up for Amazon Prime before the event takes place. The first 30 days of Prime membership are free, and you can join up and cancel your membership at any time, even after the event has finished, and it won’t cost you a penny.
If you do decide that you want to keep your Prime membership then it will cost £7.99/month or £79.00/year. The benefits you receive for this makes it a very attractive membership.
And get this, students will receive a 6-month free Prime trial and 50% off the cost of their membership.
Benefits of Amazon Prime
As a Prime member you can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Unlimited One-Day Delivery to UK addresses on millions of eligible items at no extra cost.
- Unlimited Same-Day (Evening Delivery) on eligible items to eligible postcodes at no extra cost.
- No-Rush Delivery provides 3-5 business day delivery with a promotional credit.
- Delivery Upgrades to faster delivery.
- Unlimited Priority (2-Day) Delivery to the Republic of Ireland on eligible items at no extra cost.
Videos & Photos
- Prime Video gives members within the UK unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes.
- Prime Video Channels gives members the option to add TV channel subscriptions for a low monthly subscription fee. Channels are available individually, without the need for a bundle or a lengthy contract and you can cancel anytime.
- Prime Photos provides secure, unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive.
- Prime Music is Amazon’s optimised music service that allows Amazon Prime customers to stream, store, manage and play music anywhere from the cloud.
- Amazon Music Unlimited offers a vast collection of songs and thousands of expert-programmed playlists and stations, available to all customers who sign up to Music unlimited.
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library gives Prime members access to borrow one book per month at no additional cost.
- Kindle First gives Prime members early access to download a new book every month at no additional cost from the Kindle First picks.
- Prime Reading: You can borrow books, magazines, and more from the Prime Reading catalogue and read them on your Fire tablet, Kindle e-reader, or the Kindle reading apps for iOS and Android.
- Twitch Prime gives Prime members an exclusive discount on physical games pre-orders sold by Amazon.co.uk. Twitch.tv users get ad-free viewing on Twitch, a Twitch channel subscription every month (in trial periods only a single 30-day Twitch channel subscription) at no additional cost, and exclusive access to bonus game content when they link their Amazon Prime account.
- Video Game Discounts of £2 per item are available to Prime members when they purchase physical game pre-orders sold by Amazon.
- Amazon Pantry gives members access to purchase everyday essentials like grocery, household, pet care items and more in everyday sizes. Delivery is £2.99 for the first Amazon Pantry box and 99p for each additional box in the same order.
Prime Early Access
- Get 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.co.uk.
- Amazon Prime members save 20% on eligible nappy and baby food subscriptions (excluding formula), compliments of Amazon Family.
- Amazon Household members can share their Amazon Prime delivery benefits, Prime Video (UK residents and streaming only), Kindle Owners’ Lending Library, Prime Early Access, and 20% off eligible nappies subscriptions compliments of Amazon Family with one adult member of their household.
Amazon Prime Day deals: What to expect
The expectation is over and we must admit, Amazon surpassed all previous Prime Day years with its huge variety of discounted products. Some of the biggest sellers from 2017 were brought back again, but with even bigger discounts. We also saw big discounts on fashion, household appliances, technology, gadgets, music, books, to name a few.
I have compiled a list below of 2018’s best sellers so far. I hope you got in on the action.
Best prime day sellers 2018
- Amazon Fire TV Stick:
£ 39.99, now £24.99 at Amazon
- Amazon Echo Dot:
£49.99,now £29.99 at Amazon
- Asus Vivobook Slim |
£799.99now £499.99 at Amazon
- Samsung Galaxy S8 | was £507.97 now £439 at Amazon
- Logitech G430 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset |
£51.99now £29.99 at Amazon
- Xbox One S 1TB:
£389.99, now £199.99
- TP-LINK WiFi Smart Plug:
£29.99now £17.49 at Amazon
- Bosch Cordless Combi Drill:
£99.99, now £54.99 at Amazon
- Nintendo Switch with Super Mario Odyssey + Pro Controller:
£377.99£329.99 at Amazon
- Dyson Big Ball Animal vacuum cleaner:
was £399, now £237 at Amazon
- 15 months of PlayStation Plus:
£69.98,now £34.99 at Amazon
- Ring Video Doorbell 2 + Chime:
£208, now £124.99 at Amazon
- PS4 Pro 1TB:
£ 349now £299.99 at Amazon
- Hive Active thermostat: £249, now £138.99 at Amazon
- Oculus Rift and Touch controllers:
£399, now £349 at Amazon
- Xbox One X, 4 games and extra controller: £439 at Amazon
- George Foreman 10-portion grill:
£99,now £36 @ Amazon
- iRobot Roomba 671:
£399now £239.99 at Amazon
Amazon’s Prime Day was the biggest sales day in company history.
Prime day sales in 2017 hit record sales numbers and were higher than Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined. Can Amazon beat those records for 2018? We will just have to wait to find out.
Amazon Prime Day sales last year:
- 3.5 million toys
- 50,000 TP-Link smart plugs
- 200,000 dresses
- 300,000 light bulbs
- 100,000 Amazon Launchpad items
- 45,000 pairs of headphones
- 32,000 electric toothbrushes
- 52,000 kitchen items
- 37,000 power tools
We will update the sales from this year as and when Amazon release them.
What to expect on Prime day
Typically, there are two types of deals:
Amazon hold lightning deals that come just as quick as they go, these deals are released as often as every five minutes, make sure you’re on the ball to grab them quick.
The second type of deal lasts all day, and will most likely have a very large availability to avoid customers missing out, again, get in quick to avoid disappointment.